Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quickbooks and mapping

The software for the export hasn't changed, but because people usually have a problem with not checking the "Taxable" option we added the warning. If you don't get an error when importing to Quickbooks, then there may not be a problem. It wouldn't keep the income from importing in any case -- either it would work or you would get an error message when importing to QuickBooks.

Who knows, maybe QB fixed the problem on their end.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default I think I got it.

You've been very kind to work this out with me and I need to say I realized I was not quite understanding what you wrote.... until I read it three times.

You're saying:
    3. If this is an auto-tax item in QuickBooks, check the Taxable? box. It appears that the import will only work if this is checked, so we recommend always checking this box.

What my brain read was:
    3. If this is an auto-tax item in QuickBooks, check the Taxable? box. It appears that the import will only work if this is checked, so we recommend always checking this box even if your QB account is non-taxable. This is obviously incorrect. I think the word ALWAYS confused my thinking.

You are corrrect and so has been my set up since 2009 because most of my income accounts in QB have never been set up for auto-tax. But yes, I do have accounts in Campground Master that are auto tax and the associated accounts in QB are set up as such in QB so all works properly.

I hope that makes sense?

Bottom Line is you CAN have accounts mapped as non-taxable in Campground Master as long as the associated account in QB is NOT set up as auto-tax.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Last edited by Mill Bridge; 02-22-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mill Bridge View Post
    When mapping I'm confused about this message.

Attachment 21

We have many accounts that are not taxable yet the message suggests if you don't choose taxable they might not download correctly if at all. What am I missing here?
    Attempting to add a new Transaction Category today, and I can not click the "Taxable" button, it is grayed out.

Is there somewhere else where i may need to click something to make the "taxable" clickable?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what would make "Taxable?" greyed out. Maybe you're talking about a different place. Can you show me the screen where Taxable is greyed out?
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Quote Originally Posted by sspielbusch View Post
    I'm not sure what would make "Taxable?" greyed out. Maybe you're talking about a different place. Can you show me the screen where Taxable is greyed out?
    mapping.jpg

These are the steps I followed:
    File | Export - Export Transactions to QB | Transaction Categories mapping

where the check-mark box for Taxable? is, it is Gray and I can not check the box.

Terese Smyth

OK. The only thing I know of that would cause that is if you're exporting as "As General journal entries" instead of "As a Cash Sale" (it can't be marked taxable in the journal entries). If that has been working for you, then ignore the warning and continue.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Stan, thanks, that was it. Did not notice the "journal entry" until you mentioned it.

Default new Error

since i attempted to map the new category, now i get an error with doing my export/import into QB:

"The Tax field cannot be left blank, even for non-taxable customers and sales which have no taxable items, so non-taxable sales will be correct for this district."

then i get an error by that says:
    "Error on line 8, cannot record transaction"

We have no idea what this means, but none of our daily imports are being imported into QB.
    I've gone in and deleted the transaction category, all the imported files, rebooted all the computers and we still get those errors.

and none of the mapped Transaction Categories have the taxable box unchecked.

any ideas??

I don't know how much you changed -- e.g. if you were using General Journal before and changed it to Cash Sale, then you may need to re-do the mapping for all categories. (Or if General Journal was working fine for you, don't change it to Cash Sale.)

This would probably be better handled by direct E-mail (support@campgroundmaster.com). Also if you can send your database to us then we can look at your complete setup instead of just one screen. (use Help / E-mail database & logs to support)
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]