Thread: Moving Guest Reservations

Question Moving Guest Reservations

I'm guessing that not many use the guest reservation to the extent that we do. We are constantly trying to improve and consolidate our reservation process. We have started taking reservations for a youth/children camp this summer and to process payments I am making a waitlist reservation to hold the reservation and payment but will then later need to move or assign that waitlist to a... hopefully guest reservation of the counselor in a dorm.

I have also thought I might just assign them as a guest of a sudo counselor then assign the real person but I still can't move the guest reservation after dorm assignments are made.

Hope I'm clear. What I'm wondering is about moving a guest reservation from one reservation to a different reservation or a waitlist to a guest reservation?

Thanks for all the work, wondering if this could be in the works.

Kurt

There isn't currently any way to convert an existing reservation to a Guest or link it to another existing reservation.

Since you're just talking about payments, what I might suggest is that you make a temporary wait-listed reservation (perhaps of a particular Reservation Type so you can recognize them) and put the payment on it. Then when needed you can create a new Guest reservation for that same person as you mentioned, and use Transfer Payment (or Transfer Deposit would be more appropriate, since the advance payment should really be a Deposit anyway) to move the deposit onto that Guest.

You could also just put the initial deposit on the Customer record and not even make a Reservation for them, but it might be harder to locate them that way (not many reports will list Customers, and it wouldn't have a way of identifying them as pending "placement").

Hope that helps.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sspielbusch View Post
    There isn't currently any way to convert an existing reservation to a Guest or link it to another existing reservation.

Since you're just talking about payments, what I might suggest is that you make a temporary wait-listed reservation (perhaps of a particular Reservation Type so you can recognize them) and put the payment on it. Then when needed you can create a new Guest reservation for that same person as you mentioned, and use Transfer Payment (or Transfer Deposit would be more appropriate, since the advance payment should really be a Deposit anyway) to move the deposit onto that Guest.

You could also just put the initial deposit on the Customer record and not even make a Reservation for them, but it might be harder to locate them that way (not many reports will list Customers, and it wouldn't have a way of identifying them as pending "placement").

Hope that helps.
    I believe the transfer of payment information will work. I had not thought of the idea that the financial (transaction) part could be moved to a new reservation. This will make it much easier to plan.

Thanks Stan!