PDA

View Full Version : Link to Forum Site

Wolfes
06-25-2008, 08:24 AM
If this Forum meets your expectations, would it be possible to add a link from the drop down box in CM? Possibly on the "Help" menu list in a future version.

I added it to favorites, but like many, we get too many links in the favorites list and have trouble locating it later..:confused:

Thanks for your continueing support and updates. Making Campground Master more than a reservation only program....

Happy Camping!

LakeCityWebs
06-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Continuing this...
Might I suggest making this for just the CM users? A link in the program thru help but not on the website. I have read its not currently Stan's vision, but could it be considered?

Maybe theres a way thru permission levels to let the general public view some pre-sales threads, and leave the meat and potatoes for us CM users?

It might be a "added value" of using this software... Just askin'

sspielbusch
06-25-2008, 08:49 AM
A link in Help is a great idea -- in fact, I've just created a custom menu item that you can import to add the link.

First save the attached file (click on the link below and select the "Save" option to save it to a place you can get to it, like My Documents.)

In Campground Master, go to Maintenance / Advanced Customizations / Menus, and click the "Import menu(s)" button.

Locate the file you saved above (e.g. in My Documents) and Open it.

Now the Help menu will have a direct link to the forums.

sspielbusch
06-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Continuing this...
Might I suggest making this for just the CM users?

I've been considering that, but there are reasons I want it public. The main reason is that it's helpful for the shoppers to see everything we offer, and that we have nothing to hide.

There might be certain sections I'll restrict later (there may be a beta-test section soon), but I feel that the more non-CM-users see and join the general forums, the more free publicity we get. :)

Riverbend
06-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Free publicity is always good :D

Maybe one or two private sections just for CM users. I understand the desire to let prospective users (buyers$$$) see how well the program works for us and am always glad to be an advocate of the product, but at least one place where we can commiserate in private would be nice.