PDA

View Full Version : Auto-Rates in Scheduled Periods

MoorsMarinaKyLake
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
I have auto rates set up for our scheduled reservations (hourly, 4 hour, 8 hour rentals), but when someone wants to check out an hour early, our policy is that we don't offer a refund. When we check them out, it is auto calculating a refund for the hour they didn't use. Is there a way to disable that?

The auto rates work perfect for our daily rentals, it's only the scheduled rentals that we are having that issue with.

sspielbusch
03-18-2010, 01:49 PM
It can't be disabled just for hourly rentals. There are a couple options:

1. Before shorening the reservation, check the box in Reservation Details to Disable automatic rate reclaculation. That will keep it from adjusting the charges.

2. Don't shorten the reservation. Of course this leaves inaccurate history, so it's up to you whether it's worth it. It also means that it's not immediately available... UNLESS you also enable the option under Program Options / Reservations to "Make checked-out sites immediately available". That option also affects all other reservations of course, and also means that checked-out reservations don't show on the Rack.

MoorsMarinaKyLake
03-19-2010, 04:30 AM
At what point in the hour does it recalculate to refund part of the rate? I.E. would it make a difference if its checked out 45 minutes early compared to checking out 15 minutes early?

sspielbusch
03-19-2010, 08:27 AM
I don't think it will shorten the hourly reservations automatically based on when you do the checkout -- it would be up to you to change the last period (in Reservation Details, for instance). That's when it would recalculate based on the new last period.

MoorsMarinaKyLake
03-20-2010, 03:19 AM
It does recalculate based on the time we do the check out.

I.E. I had a customer with a 4 hour rental, he returned the boat 45 minutes before the time he was due back, but did not need a refund. When I clicked "Check Out" it recalculated his charges so that I owed him a refund. I didn't change any preiods or dates, all I did was "Check Out". So, I changed it back to "Checked In" and waited 45 minutes until his return time, did the "Check Out" and it didn't calculate a refund that time.