PDA

View Full Version : yield management for rates $

Jimmy
09-20-2010, 11:51 AM
I知 starting to think about using yield management for how I charge for my campsites. I知 not sure if I知 ever going to try it, but I have some friends that are part of a chain of campgrounds that is using it and trying to talk us into switching. Not switching to there chain, just switching how we charge for sites.

Is it something CGM may do sometime?

I知 just thinking out loud right now and looking for input form anyone who has any thoughts on it.

Thanks,

Jimmy :-\

sspielbusch
09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
There hasn't been much interest in it so we haven't started looking into it for Campground Master. I think for campgrounds it could be difficult, especially if you have regular visitors who would be miffed at paying a different price each time they camped.

Technically it *would* be possible, with some considerable effort, to use the "Advanced condition expression" in the rate to implement various price brackets based on availablility. But that's an exercise for the reader, as they say in text books... ;)

Jimmy
09-20-2010, 12:56 PM
The idea is to try to get the regular visitor who would may miffed at paying a different price each time they camped, to book there site early to some money. The rates would go up as the sites filled up. So of you booked early, it would be cheaper. Just like the hotels and airlines do.

I'm not married to this idea yet, I just think its fun to toss around and see what others may think about it.

campground
11-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Jimmy,

We wanted to charge a higher rate to walk-ins. (I think some call this and F3.) We tried to implement it a couple of different ways with an advanced expression. It worked for walk-ins but when someone who booked in advance extended their stay it recalculated everything as though they were a walk-in.

It would be nice if it could be a function key so you could use your discretion about applying it or not. Walk-ins can really back things up on busy weekends so it seems reasonable to charge a couple dollars extra to those who haven't reserved ahead of time.

Kathy