PDA

View Full Version : I use my MacBook Pro to run Mac!

beardenrv
12-26-2010, 09:07 PM
I didn't see this posted and do not know if there is any demand for it but thought I would give a shout out regarding my recent discovery.
I have been running parallels desktop and windows 7 to run campground master on my MacBook Pro ever since I converted. I did not like the idea of having an entire additional operating system just to run one program and quite often would have to make the customer hold the line while I booted windows in my virtual machine.
I stumbled on a program called winebottler which enables MAC OSX to run windows applications without windows. I now run Campground Master within my mac without having to boot up windows and will most likely be uninstalling parallels and windows 7 in the very near future.
Wine is not an emulator, in fact Campground Master runs faster on my mac on it's own than it ever did on a full windows work station and it is FREE! There's a good write up here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/sleeping-with-the-enemy-running-windows-programs-on-your-mac-using-winebottler/
I hope you enjoy this as I have, I can finally open Campground Master without booting windows.