PDA

View Full Version : RV age limits

campingshadow
07-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Do you have age limits on the RV's you will allow into your park?

If someone calls for a reservation, do you ask the age of the RV at that time? If it is older than your limit, what do you tell them?

If someone shows up at your park with a trailer (in poor to fair condition) and wants to stay long term....what do you say?

I am curious as to how others handle this touchy situation.

Riverbend
07-02-2008, 08:06 AM
This is a very touchy situation. I would love to hear other peoples advice on this also. We typically allow older rigs in for one or two nights. We do not allow converted busses or really hack jobs. :-\ When people call for reservations for monthly or seasonal stays we ask the age of their unit. We do not have a set age, but if it is older than say 1990 we tell them we need to see the unit or a picture of it before we will allow it in the park. Some people do get bent out of shape, but it imperative that we do not loose any of our higher end customers due to lack of a professional atmosphere. Nice rigs attract more nice rigs. Junky ones attract more junky ones.

LakeCityWebs
07-02-2008, 09:17 AM
We have not had any real issues, accept for full timers (Like ME).
I have a 73 Avion, but its not all beat up and I'm way in the back where I actually prefer to be anyway, kinda quiet back here.
Couple of people wanted to bring some actual mobile homes, though they were smaller ones we just told em no.
We had a couple visitors come in horse trailers but nobody really had an issue with it - but we are kind of a high end "Resort" which I guess kind of weeds em out for us????

Riverbend
07-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Ron reminded me of why we do not have a specific "age" limit. Some of our guests actually have lovely older units that have been restored or just kept up well. On the other hand, we've seen some newer rigs that have been trashed. We have a case by case policy and we also state that we have a 3 month max. (been know to say one or two months if the people or unit is questionable). That way if it just does not work for us, we tell them to move on. We also do not post our monthly rates. Our rates run anywhere from $200 to $550 per monthy for the same type of spot. Usually if you say a high price to the undesirable customers, they will turn it down and move on.

If they call rather than drive in, I say tell me a little about your rig.... how many people? Pets? so I can see if we have an appropriate space for you... are you working in the area or vacationing? etc. You can get a pretty good idea of they will fit into your park that way. Then you can quote the price.

mccamp
07-08-2008, 09:01 PM
We do for seasonal and monthly campers. The 10 year rule works good for us. We do let older campers in if they bring us a picture of the camper. What some people thinks is a nice trailer I would be scared to tow down the road!!! But, over all it has not been a problem.

leisure
07-28-2008, 02:14 PM
For people just coming in for daily stays we don't have any policy on campers. We do seasonal monthly sites and for these we do enforce an aesthetics policy: all cars and the RV must be in good working and looking condition (no rusting, missing parts, duck tape, busted windows, etc). We make this clear from the beginning and have to approve the rig when they drive in. Age doesn't matter to us, just the condition.

You're park will only look as good as your worst looking vehicle! People that are looking to stay at your park in the future will always see the worst thing first!