PDA

View Full Version : Automated export of CM data

daveg1959
05-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Previously I asked Stan about an automated export routine that would allow me to extract selected data from CM that I could in turn load into a Microsoft SQL Server database. I needed this functionality to produce automated, consolidated reports derived from several systems. Unfortunately Stan's project schedule didn't allow time for this so I looked elsewhere. If anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation I have found a convenient and reliable solution.

Autoit (www.autoitscript.com) is a freeware scripting tool that some clever individual developed that I found and have now had in service for about 9 months. It allows you to mimic keystrokes and mouse movements, which in turn lets you navigate through CM using the functionality Stan already provides to us. In my case, twice a day using a scheduled Windows task I export the Customer, Reservation, and Transaction tables in their entirety to CSV files (about 80MB in total) on a dedicated virtual machine, and then import the CSV files into my SQL database. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes. If anyone is interested I'll be glad to share the script I wrote to do this.

Murphy's Camping
07-27-2013, 10:14 AM
This is something I am interested in doing.

I would like to be able to export the data to CSV on a weekly basis. Within MS Excel, I plan to write some VBA which can read the CSV and produce some useful reports and graphs for arrival statistics, etc...

Would you mind sharing your script with me?

Within the same file I would also like to link up with QuickBooks so that our financial info is contained as well, allowing the file to act as a complete dashboard for the business.

I don't suppose you've been able to automate the export and import of Campground Master's IIF files to QuickBooks as well?