Thread: Too quiet here...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Too quiet here...

Well, the forums started with a bang, but now it's pretty quiet.

What can we do to get more participation in the forums? Any ideas?
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Have more posts? LOLOL

I check in daily to see what's goin' on.
    Garry

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

Unfortunately you seem to be the only one who checks in.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Too Quiet

Stan,
    I'm willing to liven it up a little, but...
    I wouldn't be able to stay on topic LOL - You wouldn't want that I'm sure

Are people still asking you ?'s directly? I know I do but it's because they have to do with Advanced Customizations, maybe you could suggest they use the forum when they ask you general questions directly. But I guess theres something to be said for a good program, not many questions cause theres not many problems?
    Ron
    Ron
    Owner of LakeCityWebs

Yes, most support questions are still asked by E-mail, and actually that's probably the way it should be in many cases (specific circumstances or technical issues that you don't need a public consensus on), besides being somewhat easier to do.

What I'm hoping to see more of here are things like discussions about possible new features or changes in the program and sharing clever tricks you've learned in the program (even if you learned it from us originally), as well as discussions about campground management issues, etc. that can benefit everyone.

Are there any other forums out there for campground owners to communicate with each other?
    Last edited by sspielbusch; 12-01-2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: (spelling)
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Lightbulb Forum usage

Hello All,
    Lake City has pretty well nailed it, with a good program, there are not many issues...

Time is always a deterent, it's a whole lot easier to send an email than search for the answers ourselves. We all get lazy and take the easy route, but mostly one needs time to sit back and read.

I tend to "play" more during our 'off-season' but do attempt to check the listings occassionally.

This forum is great, I have gotten a few pointers from it and appreciate the time/expense that cottonwood has devoted to the site.

It always amazes me that the 6% rule falls into so many aspects. It basically states that 6% of the people are active participants whether a web forum, a chat room or an association.

People need to take a little time and pitch in... "Many hands make much work light." but I personally feel that the "lazy" seems to rule. I have concluded that people do not "contribute" due to a few simple reasons.
    1. They are not personally asked.
    2. They are afraid of failure.
    3. Many people are "followers".
    4. Not enough information is given to complete a task.
    5. They do not want to take on any additional responsibilities.
    6. They are just too busy in their lives and will not participate, period...

If you can come up with the formula to get people "Involved", bottle it, and sell it.... There are thousands of organizations that would be willing to buy that formula...

As for me, I'll keep checking back and continue to post