Thread: Printing multiple receipt copies

Default Printing multiple receipt copies

We would like to print 2 copies of a receipt (3" paper) and tell the receipt printer to cut between the copies. We have defined the Reservation Receipt default format as 3", fixed font and 2 copies. We're printing to the USB port using Windows driver using the Partial cut printer driver for the receipt printer. The printer cuts after the second copy is printed, but not after the first, which means the user has to manually tear the receipt paper. I think the Epson POS code to execute a full cut is GS V 0, but I don't see a way to send this command to the printer. Is it possible to do what we want?

Dave

We have not been able to get the USB printers to cut between receipts parallel printers using direct to port can work but is tricky). The problem is that the print driver considers it a single "document", even though it's 2 copies, so the cut command is only done after both.

The command must be sent in the "control" font -- which is feasible using the customizations, however our experiments with that have shown that they are not handled in the proper sequence by the driver (all control font printing goes at the end anyway).

So the only way to do it is to have it print just one copy at a time (click the Print button again) so it's sent as 2 separate documents.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Quote Originally Posted by sspielbusch View Post
    We have not been able to get the USB printers to cut between receipts parallel printers using direct to port can work but is tricky).

Can you elaborate on the 'tricky' part? I use direct to port with 3" Epson and I would like to be educated.

TIA
    Garry

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

For parallel / Direct-to Port printers:

We have experimented by adding the command to the 3" receipt printer bottom text (under Park Setup).

The sequence for cutting the paper is 29,86,49, so it needs to be entered in the bottom text as hexadecimal:
    \x1d\x56\x31

The hex sequence above will work in the reciept printer bottom text, however, you need to fill the line to 40 characters to keep CM from centering it by inserting blanks in front (which won't work). So add 37 \x01 characters after the sequence above (\x01's will work to avoid centering and won't affect what gets printed)

Note: 7 blank lines should be inserted after the bottom text, before the sequence above, to feed it up sufficiently before cutting.

HOWEVER, I can't remember now whether this actually worked between duplicate receipts. I think it should, but can't guarantee it (the printer may have different ideas for what sequence to do things in).

By the way there is a workaround to get this to work with USB printers -- Epson has a "Serial emulation driver" that makes a USB printer act like it's on a real serial port. Then you can use direct-to-port in Campground Master, set up as a serial printer, and you have all of the associated advantages (but the one disadvantage of not being able to share it over the network).
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Sorry Stan- I didn't give enough info...I use serial port and paper does not cut. Direct to port.
    Garry

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

Serial port works the same as parallel port (e.g. direct to port configuration is the same either way).

Are you sure your printer has an auto-cutter? Not all of the Epsons do.

As a test, you can also try putting the command in the cash drawer setup's "characters to send" -- add these to it:

Then it should cut whenevery the drawer is opened.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

I was able to get something to work. I'll tell you what my setup is and hopefully it'll work for you. I have an Epson TM-T88IV receipt printer connected to a Windows 7 pc. I have the Epson Advand Printer Driver installed. Install Version: APD Ver4.10. EPSON TM-T88IV ReceiptE4: Version 5,0,13,0. EPSON Status API: Version 4,3,9,0. These were found in the Printer Properties, Version tab. I'm using Campground Master Version 5.0.17 beta. The reason I'm stating all this is because I'm not sure what exactly makes a difference so I figure more information is better. Under "File">"Printer Setup">"Receipt Printer (3" paper)", I changed the Paper Source from Document[Feed,Cut] to Page[Feed,Cut]. The difference is that with Page[Feed,Cut] it cuts after every page of the document, and as each copy is it's own page it'll cut in between the two copies. I'm don't have any hexidecimal code anywhere or anything like that, just the Page[Feed,Cut] setting. Hopes this helps people.