Thread: E-mail History and Tracker

Exclamation E-mail History and Tracker

We are using an Internet form to send reservations via e-mail to Campground Master.

This is working very well except for one thing. In order to save correspondence to guests, we have to bcc ourselves, go into our e-mail account and then move those e-mails into a special folder in case they are needed later.

This is time consuming and inefficient because we are now needing to use three programs (CM, e-mail account, Internet Res. Form) to manipulate e-mail correspondence.

My suggestion is to have a button on the "Customer Details" screen that allows us to look at all correspondence with the e-mail address that is listed in the customer's information. This button would be much like the "Transaction History" and "Reservation History" buttons already present. It would be an easy way to quickly reference e-mails sent to and from the guest. There is such a button on our internet res. website for us to use when we need information on a guest and I would think it could be done in CM too. Let me know what you think.

Thumbs up

This would be a great addition to CM.

Is there a sample of the form to use for e-mail reservations in the GCM data base?
    Jimmy Felton
    Misty River Cabins & RV Resort
    www.MistyRiverRV.com

Jimmy, are you asking about the E-mail confirmation form? If so, there are samples you can import through Advanced Customizations / Forms. See the docs here for importing samples:
    http://campgroundmaster.com/help/formssetup.html
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default What think you?

Stan, what do you think of this idea? Can you add to the wish list? Thanks!

Cary

Maybe someday -- the main concern is the database size -- it might require a complete redesign to accomodate bulk of this type.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default "possible" Email solutions

If you are hosting a web site on a web server... You can create a unique email address through the server email program, have the form send the request to the unique name, then forward the message to your regular reservation email address. Be sure to set the server to save the emails being forwarded so they can be retrieved from the unique email account as needed.

The only pitfall may be that the unique email mail box could fill up and requests would be bounced back with an email over quota message.

Now that CM has "Journal" option, you can simply copy the email body text into a Journal entry. The pitfall to this would be a larger database and may slow the program down some in the future.

To be honest, we rarely resort back to the original emails here. I use to print them and save them to a file, then I just saved them on our mail server, Not once have I had to retrieve the original request.

All in all, if the customer is satisfied with the site (and the campground) you will not need the original form request.

Quote Originally Posted by carydco View Post
    We are using an Internet form to send reservations via e-mail to Campground Master.

This is working very well except for one thing. In order to save correspondence to guests, we have to bcc ourselves, go into our e-mail account and then move those e-mails into a special folder in case they are needed later.

This is time consuming and inefficient because we are now needing to use three programs (CM, e-mail account, Internet Res. Form) to manipulate e-mail correspondence.

My suggestion is to have a button on the "Customer Details" screen that allows us to look at all correspondence with the e-mail address that is listed in the customer's information. This button would be much like the "Transaction History" and "Reservation History" buttons already present. It would be an easy way to quickly reference e-mails sent to and from the guest. There is such a button on our internet res. website for us to use when we need information on a guest and I would think it could be done in CM too. Let me know what you think.

You don't even need to use the Journal -- all E-mails sent from Campground Master are now saved in the Audit Trail (as of the new 5.x beta versions). So you can bring up the Audit Trail for the customer and see the E-mails sent.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Like the Audit Trail for Customer -

Quote Originally Posted by sspielbusch View Post
    You don't even need to use the Journal -- all E-mails sent from Campground Master are now saved in the Audit Trail (as of the new 5.x beta versions). So you can bring up the Audit Trail for the customer and see the E-mails sent.
    This is great and very useful. Glad I have finally discovered the Audit Trail. I also really like the Journal - much easier to follow than putting everything in notes. Thanks!