Thread: Custom Scripting

Default Custom Scripting

Hi Stan,
    Thank you for your help this last week, we made it through the weekend fairly smoothly....the burning issue at the moment is the ability to print a contract...which I have almost done with the advance programming/forms.. anyway tried some of the sample scripts...I think I'm looking for someone to do some custom programming in order to get the contract correct....is this a service you provide? or do you know someone that i may contact?

Thanks
    Bob

Yes we can do that here -- just send us an E-mail explaining what you need done and we can quote it. If you can include a copy of the database so we can see what you've done so far that would also help.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Custom Scripting

Thank you Stan for the script, this will work for us just fine, now onto a few more questions dealing with vendors/guest who have multiple sites and then want to drop/check-out of one but, keep the rest....I have a couple of issues with this. 1. dealing with autocalculate, basically the dropped/checkout site appears in the autocalculation. 2. I'm using 3" direct to port receipt it is printing along with everything else some sort of history of dropped/checkedout sites, now for some reservations this list will eventually become huge...is there a way to changed disable this feature?, even better we would not be opposed to another custom scripting job creating exactly what we need for the 3" direct to port printer receipt.

Thanks Again Stan.

1. There is a current issue with Monthly Billing still adding charges for checked-out reservations. It's best to just check them all out (on a monthly anniversary date) and start another reservation.

2. You can use the "Print Only Some Transactions" button to keep it from including a long transaction history. It will still include the list of linked reservations, though, unless you turn that function off (see Printing Options/ Receipts).
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Custom 3" receipt

Hi,
    Just about done with a custom receipt, trying now to add a line with the Tran:Tran_Oper, I was expecting to see the name of the operator, what I'm getting is a "0".

Thanks

Using Tran:... requires that there be a single Transaction in context, which is not the case for a receipt. In your case it will likely be in Reservation context, so you would need to use functions to get the most recent transaction for the customer, then use FieldText() to get the operator.

However it's more likely that you want the operator who is currently logged in, so use CurrentOpName().
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Custom Receipt

Thanks Stan CurrentOper() did the trick, One last thing for the receipt, I have it already defaulting to the custom3inReceipt in printer options, but is there a way to have it default to the radio button "print since last zero balance" next to
    the "Print Only Some Transactions" bar inside the Transaction Dialog box?

No, there isn't a way to default the print-some selection (but it's on the to-do list).
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Custom Receipt

Hi Stan,
    Thru /parksetup/3"receipt bottom text I'm able to with success enter esc codes for the specific printer we are using (epson 88iii), is there a way to send these esc codes through /advanced customizations/forms ? I'm trying to set bold fonts and such.

You could try the same thing if it's a text element, e.g. an ESC would be \x1B. Or you could also try a Data Expresssion with Chr(27).

e.g.:

Text element:
    Some text\x1Bescaped text

Data expression:
    "Some text" + Chr(27) + "escaped text"

I'm not sure if either of these work in Forms, I haven't looked at it in awhile.

Both assume you're using the direct-to-port type of form (format is Character positions, and Printer is 3"...direct to port.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]