Thread: question @ discount in customer detail field

Question question @ discount in customer detail field

I am a newbie to CM and I have a few questions - When I use a discount for the first time the system will automaticly use it again next time. Is there a way to change this? I have tried to unenable it but it states that it is fixed. I have alot of campers who make multi reservations (10-12) but only have 4 senior disc. I need a way to set up the reservation under one name for 10-12 sites 4 with a senior disc and the balance at regular price. Some of the people making the reservation are seniors and some are not, but making them for older family who are. Anyone know how to do this? Thank you.

Regarding the customer discount being copied from the reservation -- there isn't an option to disable this right now, but we may add that as an option. There may also be a way to do it through the customizations, but I'll have to check on that if we don't make it an option in the new version.

Upon further investigation, I found that the auto-calculate does NOT work correctly when some have discounts and some do not. Until that's fixed, there are a couple workarounds:

1. Use non-synchronized linking, which results in separate billing. If one person pays, you would need to Transfer the appropriate parts of the payment into each of the reservations. Not elegant, but functional (and would allow you to change the customer for each one later if needed). Of course using separate customers would also solve the other issue.

2. Instead of using Discount Used for seniors, create a new Reservation Type (see Pick Lists) called Senior. So for those you would change the Resv Type from Normal to Senior, instead of selecting a discount. Again, this also keeps it form "remembering" the discount in future reservations. Auto-calculate will handle the different reservation types appropriately. In the Rates, be sure to change the Resv Type selection and remove the Discount selection for the Senior rates.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]