Thread: Potentail new user

Default Potentail new user

Hello,

I am thinking of switiching to this software for our 6 campgrounds and 4 day use parks. We currently use RVTripsetter and were curious if anyone has made this switch. Was is worth it? Easy to transfer databases? Is this software easy to use and train others? Ability to pull and create reports?

Thank you for your help!

Default Reply to new user

We switched from reserve right to Campground Master over 3 years ago. It took a considerable amount of time for us to set up the maps, we have over 150 camp sites, 175 boat moorings and 1800 members. The transition was flawless. This program is user friendly and our 20 plus employees had no problem with the program. This progam can generate hundreds of specialized reports and offers a graph presentation of the campground. I highly recommend CampGround Master

Default Also Evaluting Program. My situation is different

Hi I am also looking at the demo and working with it. However, our situation is a little different and unique. We are not a campground but a service center for motorhomes and have about 100 full hook up sites plus dry camping. These sites are for customers who have working done on their motorhomes. Our customers are walkin first come first serve. However, we like to keep detailed reports on their information. We need to modify some areas, such has an area for a service work number. We also have campground fees covered under some of their warranty work and some discounts are applied for certain type of repairs etc.

Can the form be modified for certain other entries? When checking out a customer can you give deductions/discounts? Thanks for any help. We are working with a very old DOS reserve right system and I just know other systems are out there. But the attitude here is "it works, why change it".

Thanks GerriB

Smile Highly Recommend CampGround Master

First off I need to commend Stan at Campground Master, for offering a camping reservation program of such magnitude. I can't say enough about the tech support he has provided Carbon County Parks over the years.

Being a County facility, we tested other canned camping program and Campground Master came out #1, first the cost of the program, the first year of use the County saved thousands in mailing cost alone. Employee productive increased and the employees raved about the improvements and ease of use. etc..

In answer to your questions, the customer detail screen offers the primary information name, address, city, state, zip, etc, also the rig make, license, color, model, length etc. Extra vehicles no problem, also the customer screen provides for various discounts, there’s a journal and audit trail and if you have an issue with the customer a warning flag. Therefore when the persons name is searched it appears in red.

You can create a custom interface map for your sites, and by moving your mouse over a site, the information is available immediately.

Each reservation creates a unique number (fully customizable) and you can use that reservation number as a work order.

Hopefully I answered some of your concerns

Carbon County Parks
    Jim Thorpe, PA

Gerard Healy
    Chief Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by GerriB View Post
    However, we like to keep detailed reports on their information. We need to modify some areas, such has an area for a service work number.
    You can modify some of the fields to your needs, for instance if you don't need a "Pets description" field then you can rename that to a service work number. Also, you can add custom fields as needed:
    http://campgroundmaster.com/news/add...othecusto.html

Quote Originally Posted by GerriB View Post
    We also have campground fees covered under some of their warranty work and some discounts are applied for certain type of repairs etc.
    There are numerous ways you can set it up to apply discounts automatically (e.g. select a particular discount type ahead of time), or if preferred you can add a discount manually any time. It's very flexible when it comes to adding charges and discounts.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]