Thread: Web Vacancy Grid

Default Web Vacancy Grid

I have a dream of having my map as a web vacancy chart...
    Ron
    Owner of LakeCityWebs

Dream on...

Seriously, that's a very complicated thing -- besides an image map for the clicking, it would mean dynamically creating the image on the web server based on the dates requested, plus interactive web pages to allow selection of dates, sever code to check the dates in a database -- basically a full-grown database-driven online reservation engine. That's more in the realm of something Reservation Friend might do in the future, and we have mentioned it to them, but it's definitely outide what we can do in the Campground Master software.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Image Map

Even if I make my own template, which includes the image map - to get the web vacancy grid to publish say site one to the site one "tag" in the template?
    It would just generate a V or R for Site one where the site one "tag" is on the imagemap, when they click the V link it goes to the form...
    I'm still dreaming huh?
    Ron
    Owner of LakeCityWebs

I think you're forgetting that it would have to be date-sensitive, to show what's available. That could be done for a single date, and possibly a different map page could be created for every date (ugh), but what about date ranges (e.g. they want to see what's available for the whole week of July 6th)?

Now if you want it to just show a map with links, without showing what's actually available, that's a different story. Campground Master would not even have to be involved with that, since it's static.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Dreams

Gotcha, I guess the dream was really a nightmare LOL
    Ron
    Owner of LakeCityWebs