Thread: reservation type for 'unmet request'

Default reservation type for 'unmet request'

Often we have folks with a request that cannot be met at the time of booking, but the camper wants to reserve anyway and hope for a cancellation to open up a site with their request (near the restroom, 50A hookups, etc).
    I created a reservation type called 'unmet need' of the 'group reservation' type. This was the only way I found to make it show a different color on the rack than the 'normal' reservations. This different color is my prompting to check back with the reservation often to see if their request can be met. We do not have 'group' sites or group rates at our campground so it is not a problem for us to use the group type for normal reservations.
    This is working fine, but when I make a reservation for a single site a pop-up prompts me that single sites are not usually a 'group' reservation, 'do I want to continue anyway''. A small annoyance to have to click-through.
    I've tried, but cannot find another way to create a sub-type of normal reservations that would be a different color on the rack? Maybe I'm missing something, how do other folks handle this?
    p.s. been using Campground Master for 5 years, it's a life-saver and don't know what we would do without it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In order to use different colors, for a Normal base type, you would need to use the Advanced Customizations to create a Color Scheme. There's a specific example in the newsletters:
    http://campgroundmaster.com/news/col...reservati.html
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]