Thread: Electricity usage of Big Rigs

Default Electricity usage of Big Rigs

Does anyone know where I can find out the max. KWH/day usage of big rig RV's in the summer with AC's running, etc?
    Our power costs have skyrocketed and we need to come up with some way to increase prices fairly so mom and pop in their mini van don't have to pay for the power of the guy in the behemoth RV. We don't have the money to put a meter at each site, and wouldn't want the hassle of reading meters daily anyway. Any one have any great solutions for this problem?

Any feedback from RVers from that point of view would be appreciated as well. We certainly don't want to run off the customers with stupid pricing, but we do need to make a living here, otherwise what is the point of being in business.
    Cheryl

Default 50 amp power

We have one rate for 30 amp service ($42) and one for 50 amp service($45).
    Jimmy Felton
    Misty River Cabins & RV Resort
    www.MistyRiverRV.com

Question Electricity usage

Thanks Jimmy,
    I have been resisting charging "extra". But I see it is really necessary.

My challenge now is to get my reservation dialog box to show up the 20/30/50 amp boxes, to select which the customer needs. They are "enabled", but I don't see where they show up in the dialog box. Stan.... any input on this one?
    Cheryl

Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default electricity usage

Sheesh, I read all around that. That is exactly what I needed. Thanks Stan.
    Cheryl

Default since I have your attention

Sorry to bother you again Stan, but..... is there a way to run a report of the people onsite with certain preferences checked. IE, those with 50 amp vs 30 amp checked??? Just wondering, would make policing it easier if it was just a quick print out.
    Cheryl

There isn't one you can filter by preferences, but you can enable the "Requests" field in the On Site tab view Options, which will show any preferences selected.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default 50 Amp

PERFECT! that will work just fine for me. Thanks so much.
    Cheryl