Thread: Suggestion: Email PDF receipt

Default Suggestion: Email PDF receipt

We currently email PDF receipts/statements by printing to "PDF Creator" [http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator] which allows "Send and email after auto-saving". This makes it very easy to send paperless receipts.

When we "Print" a receipt we choose the "PDF Creator" Printer and the receipt is automatically attached to a blank email waiting for an address.

This would be a great feature to include directly in CM as it would alleviate the additional step to email receipts/statements or manually attaching the PDF. It also solves the problem of ill-formatted emailed receipts or having to keep email addresses outside of CM in an email client.

Just a thought...

I do hope to integrate a PDF printer into Campground Master eventually, but have yet to find a suitable driver that doesn't have adverse side-effects for the user.

For instance, I strongly recommend that users do NOT install the one you mentioned. A user that doesn't carefully watch what they're doing will end up installing at a whole bunch of other "trojanware" programs like browser bars and advertising add-ons that are very disruptive and dangerous to security.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Thanks, I hope you find something suitable, it's very useful.

I've been using PDF Creator for years without problem, but yes I can see where someone might get hung up on browser bars, etc. Seems some AV programs do mistake some files as trojan.

http://www.pdfforge.org/content/my-a...eck-your-files

Not trying to promote "PDF Creator", just the idea of emailing PDF receipts easily.

Again, hope you find something and can incorporate this useful feature.

Default Email Receipt

I see this topic has already been mentioned...This would be perfect for our "payment dropbox" customers. I could use this daily and save the walk to paste a receipt on the door.