Thread: Problem With Upload Vacancy Grid Win 8.1

Default Problem With Upload Vacancy Grid Win 8.1

Just Purchased new laptop running Win 8.1 & installed CGM. Did DB restore from previous computer (Win 7), maps etc. All is good except for upload of vacancy grid. Export files - OK. Upload to web page starts, uploads vacancy00all.html, vacancy01all.html and then has error uploading 02all.html. Error message as follows:" Error uploading files - one or more files could not be uploaded [ftp://domain :21/availability/vacancy02all.html] request failed [12003,0x00002ee3] the server returned extended information."
    Previous computer uploads flawlessly. Using same settings and ftp path on new. Only vancancy00 & 01 will upload. Using same version of CGM on both machines. Can upload grid with 3rd party ftp but it is a hassle and would prefer uploading directly from CGM.

We have been seeing this problem a lot. It appears that Windows 7 (or 8) combined with MSIE 11 causes an issue with FTP at the OS level. If you downgrade to IE10 (or uninstall MSIE entirely and use something else like Firefox) then the FTP upload should work properly.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Stan - I tried your suggestion about uninstalling IE 11 on laptop running WIN 8.1. Come to find out that it is impossible to uninstall IE 11 or downgrade to IE 10 since IE 11 is integrated into the 8.1 operating system itself. I tried to disable it but it did no good. I still have the same upload issue. I will have to manually upload the vacancy grid through a 3rd party FTP program until a workaround is discovered. You might want to caution other users thinking about upgrading to WIN 8+ about this issue. If I am having problems just uploading the grid I can only imagine the issues that might come up with full online reservations. WIN 8+ is a nightmare. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

I have a suggestion, go back to 7. That is what I did. A PITA but well worth it, never looking back. That 8 is junk.