Thread: Gift Cards

Default Gift Cards

Has anyone used Gift Cards with Campground Master?
    I am curious as to which gift cards work or if anyone has even tried it.
    I use X-charge to process credit cards thru my CGM and will give them a call, but in the mean time just curious about their use by other Users.
    Kim Humphries
    -Midwest Trail Ride
    Indiana

Campground Master doesn't currently support gift cards directly.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default gift cards

According to X-Charge, they will work. Stan, if there is any reason you feel it will not work, then I am listening, but here is what they explained to me:

They walked me through CGM to do the set up. They work just like a credit card with X-charge doing the processing. I ordered some to try it.
    I am supposed to be able to load money on them and customers can give the card as a gift (to replace paper gift certificates) and use them how they want. I will let everyone know the pros and cons once I get them and start using them. Hopefully they will work for what I want.

If they act like a prepaid credit card, then yes it should work for accepting them -- but I'm not sure about the Payment Method (where it would be reported in CM). Campground Master also doesn't have a function to "sell" or "load" a gift card, so that would have to be done externally through X-Charge.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Gift Card

Oh dear. They had me go into CGM and select Gift Card from the drop down menu in pick lists. I will have to call them back and get the details on Monday for how it would work. That is too bad. My business is big enough that I find a need to a more modern gift card that I can load money on.
    Kim H.

That might still work, as long as X-Charge processes it and comes back with an authorization, and if the Gift Card payment method is identified as a Credit Card in the pick list (base type). I just never had anyone try it, and nothing special was done in CM to accommodate special transaction types for gift cards.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Gift Cards

Stan, You are right. It would take it as a credit card, but loading it would be done externally through X-charge. I am going to think about it for a while before I purchase.