Thread: The Rack

Default The Rack

In previous versions of Campground Master, even though a host wasn't logged in they could still navigate the rack. Our Maintenance and Grounds Department could scroll through reservations on the rack to plan their work for present and future times without intervention of an office operator. Now it appears that you can only scroll through the rack or “Reset/Today” if your and operator logged in. This is tragic. We are a very busy RV Park and in a business perspective it has created a logistical nightmare.
    Campground Master is a wonderful program and this is the first glitch for us. I was wondering if this has effected anyone else and is there a way to undue or turn off this feature.

In previous versions, when there was no operator logged in Campground Master acted as if a "Guest" level operator was logged in. This was found to be too insecure (especially if some configurable functions were lowered to the Guest level), since Guest is a valid operator level. Therefore it was changed to prevent any functionality without a login of some kind.

To get that basic functionality back, you can set up a Guest operator for them to use (post it on the computer for them to see if you're not concerned about security). You can even set it up to log in as Guest automatically. See Operator Setup:
    http://campgroundmaster.com/help/operatorsetup.html
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default The Rack

So this is what I will input in the Target field
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Campground Master\CampgroundMaster.exe" /Operator=Administrator /Password=Password
    Just so I understand, this will make the Guest Operator that I make up, log in automatically.
    Then a Reservation Operator will be able to log in over this Guest Operator, then when the Reservation Operator logs out the Guest Operator will automatically log back in. Am I understanding this correctly.

NO.

You used the example, which was for the default Administrator login, not for a guest! You need to replace the operator login ("Administrator") and password ("Password") with what YOU set up as a Guest operator login and password, in Operator Setup.

That will only change the initial login. It won't log the Guest back in when someone logs out. However, there is a way to do that with an Event Action:

Go to Maintenance / Advanced Customizations / Event Actions

Click Add event action

Enter a name, e.g. "guest login"

Select "Operator Log Out, after" for the Event Trigger

For the Action, enter the following expression (replacing "Guest" with the guest operator login and "password" with the actual password for that operator):

LogIn("Guest","password")

Save all the way out.
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default The Rack

Thanks Stan, I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.