Thread: Wrong Dates on Confirmation Email

Default Wrong Dates on Confirmation Email

Hi,

When my confirmation emails are viewed on a cell phone, there is a summary box at the beginning of the email with the check-in and check-out dates, duration of stay, address, and phone number. It looks like something that Google does, but I'm not sure. I've attached a screen-shot. Anyway, the dates are always wrong! The text of the email shows the correct dates, but the summary does not. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks - Ellen
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Smellen View Post
    Hi,

When my confirmation emails are viewed on a cell phone, there is a summary box at the beginning of the email with the check-in and check-out dates, duration of stay, address, and phone number. It looks like something that Google does, but I'm not sure. I've attached a screen-shot. Anyway, the dates are always wrong! The text of the email shows the correct dates, but the summary does not. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks - Ellen
    We've run some tests after several complaints that we didn't have the correct dates for several folks' upcoming reservations. We've pretty much narrowed this down to gmail.

If you send a confirmation to someone with a gmail account and they access it on a phone or on a computer directly from gmail, gmail will create a front page that it attaches to your confirmation letter and it will almost certainly have the wrong dates. It is, of course, the first thing the customer sees. If the customer reads further down and finds your actual email they will find the correct dates.

Google has an application called "Trips" that is the root cause of the problem. "Trips" is cherry picking dates from the email you send, it then creates the front page that it attaches to your email and this is what the customer sees first. Other than warning customers that this is happening verbally before sending the confirmation letter, I don't know of a solution. This isn't on the Campground Master side, it's on the Google side.

The issue described is from Google, as mentioned, and how Google is incorrectly interpreting the dates when the customer receives the E-mail. (The issue is in the Google coding).

There is a work around on Campground Master (VERSION 11 ONLY) you can use to correct the issue.

This configuration is done through Maintenance / E-mail Setup / Confirmation E-mail text & options. Select (check) the following option:

Show "Check In/Out" instead of "First/Last Night" -- this option will show the dates as the actual dates of check-in and check-out (departure), rather than first and last night (the Check-In day is the same as First Night, but the Check-Out day is one day later than Last Night). This is largely a matter of preference, but can avoid some confusion by the customer. It was also an attempt to help Google interpret the dates when it decides to show an appointment card, but it doesn't always help. Note that this only affects the Confirmation letter, not E-mail receipts and invoices.

More details:
    https://CampgroundMaster.com/help/co...iltextopt.html
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]