Thread: Monthly charge for Utilities

Default Monthly charge for Utilities

Hi Stan,
    We have a $12.50 Utility charge for residents that are currently on site (but not for those who leave their units here when they go home in the summer). Is there a way to flag these residents, possibly using site attribute and then run a monthly billing to charge all of them this rate once a month without having to enter the charge 1 by 1. I've read through the auto-rate and monthly billing but something is not clicking for me. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of how we charge out our electric but without the meter readings. Thanks for any help.
    Barb

There are a few options, but it depends on what else you're doing and what will work without affecting something else.

If you're not already doing Monthly Billing (e.g. for rent), then forget using it just for that. (If you are, then using an Attribute flag with an Add-on charge would work well.)

The only other way to add a charge "automatically" to a group in one step would be through electric/water/gas meter readings. But you need to already be doing meter billing for them (or at least taking a reading monthly so it will trigger a charge). Then you can set up a "base" meter rate that includes the utility charge. You would also need a way to flag them. Site Type would not be recommended, since it's not really a different type of site. Reservation Type would be an option, but the best would be using an Attribute flag.

These articles may give you some ideas:
    https://campgroundmaster.com/news/ratesforadd-ons.html
    https://campgroundmaster.com/news/ra...seratesus.html
    https://campgroundmaster.com/news/ha...caserates.html
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]

Default Add-On for Utilities

We are not using monthly charge and I was running into problems trying to use this for the add-on utility charge. I could try and incorporate it into our electric meter readings but I'm using three tiers for that depending on their usage, therefore, I was already using the base charge. I'll read the articles you sent me and see if I can change the way I'm doing the electric to add in the utility charge. Thank you very much.

You could potentially add a separate base rate for electric that would incorporate the utility fee. If you used an Attribute field for the flag, you would use the condition "Applies if reservation field" to indicate which rate applies if it's set (True) or not (False).
    Stan Spielbusch
    [Forum Administrator]